VICTORIA REGENERATIVE FARMING TOUR 2017
INTERESTED IN REGENERATIVE FARMING? THINKING ABOUT THE OPTIONS AND WANT
TO MAKE A CHANGE TO YOUR FARMING SYSTEM?
Join this tour to learn about the finacial benefits of regenerative farming. How you can make more profit from your farm.
Learn from successful farmers and see which enterprises, management systems, value adding and marketing options are working.
Find out how you can build a farm that grows healthy food, delivers value to customers and create more profit.
The tour program commences on Monday 11th September 2017 and concludes on Saturday 16th September.
- Visit case-study properties from 26ha to 2000ha,
- Receive first-hand information about production systems, products and marketing so that you can make more profit from your business,
- See a range of management and production systems covering holistic management, permaculture, keyline development, organic, bio-dynamics and more,
- Learn about the principles of regenerative farming and grazing and how you can apply them, and
- How you can build a connected and healthy business for you, your family and your commuity.
STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAM
The tour is based on a program of learning and is structured to cover three core areas of developing and operating a farm undertaking
regenerative farming principles:
- resource management, farming operations and enterprises
- creating products and value-adding
- marketing and sales
The program includes visits to different farming businesses covering pigs, cattle, sheep, goats, broilers, eggs, vegetables, tree crops, berries, vines, on-farm abattoir operation, retail butchers, farm-based cafe and functions, accommodation and education.
Operators will discuss their philosophy, their journey, their successes and things they would do better. In some cases, you will have access to economic and financial information for the operations.
Tour Leader is consultant and producer Glen Chapman from Southern Blue Regenerative, who will provide context and input as you progress through the visits. He will facilitate learning workshops during the tour to discuss and explore the principles and concepts of regenerative farming. Glen has over 20 years of experience in regenerative farming principles